You write to let the world know your story or to let them benefit from your insights. So, it is quite important that the world gets to read what you write. Hence, generating traffic to your blog is quite important.
No matter how beautifully you have written, your article is insignificant unless it is read by the audience it is meant for.
Now the question is, how do you generate traffic for your blog. Sure, there are many paid ways of traffic generation like social media advertising, Google Adwords, etc. But it is not affordable for everyone.
So, let me share with you some amazingly simple tips to generate traffic to your website without spending a penny.
- Know your audience: Never try to please everyone or you might end up pleasing none. Everything is not meant for everyone. So, always keep in mind who are you writing for? Who is your primary target audience? What are they interested in? Remember, the blog isn’t just about you, it’s about them as well.
- Writefrequently: If you really want people to read your blog, you have to write frequently. You can’t just write one article and then return to your blog after ages. You need to keep writing as frequently as you can.
- Unique, valuable and useful content: I know I told you to write frequently. But that doesn’t mean you will just dole out anything on your blog. Always ask yourself, why do you read a particular article or post? What do you look for? Try to embibe the same into your blog posts. People are looking for something that is of value and use to them. They want something that is original and unique. If your post fits the bill, it will organically generate traffic.
- Catchy titles: Let’s be honest. We know we live in a world where a book is judged by its cover. The title of your post is what will attract a reader to click on it. So, work hard on your title. Make sure the title of your post is attractive and catchy. Having said that, always refrain from giving misleading titles. If the title of your post is, “how to become rich in a month”, you can’t talk about loans and credit cards. Always deliver what your title promises.
- Share on social media: Make sure you share your blog post on every social media network possible. This will help you to enhance the reach of your blog. Also engage with your target audience on the social media. When someone comments on your post, reply to them. Make your post shareable so that if people like your post, they can share it with their friends and family on social media.
These tips are very simple. But in this world full of complexities, we often forget to do the most basic and simple tips. So, let’s begin with the basics.